Đề thi học kì 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 – Trường THPT Trung Giã
TRUNG GIA HIGH SCHOOL
School year: 2016- 2017
Time allowance: 50 minutes
I. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
1. That is a well-behaved boy whose behaviour has nothing to complain about.
A. behaving nice B. behaving cleverly C. behaving improprerly D. good behavior
2. When he passes the entrance exam, his parents will be walking on the air.
A. extremely light B. feeling extremely airy
C. feeling extremely unhappy D. extremely happy
II. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 3 to 7.
The habits of those who constantly play video games are very important to people working in video-game industry. If video games are going to be one of the most attractive features of future interactive systems, it is essential for producers to know what types of games to make, how best to present such games on interactive video, and how to ensure that such games maintain their fascination for people. Above all, it is vital to build up detailed profiles of people who are addicted to video games.
Until recently, the chief market for video games has been boys aged eight to fifteen. The fascination for interactive video games is seen in its purest form in this group. Video games appeal to some deep instinct in boys who find it impossible to tear themselves from them. Schoolwork is ignored, health is damaged and even eating habits are affected. Girls of the same age, however, are entirely different, demonstrating far greater freedom from the hold of video games. Quite simply, they can take video games in their stride, being able to play them when they want and then leave them alone.
3. The addiction to video games can be so powerful that it can __________.
A. separate boys from girls
B. make people physically ill.
C. make people relaxing
D. destroy people’s instincts
4. Compared with boys of the same age, girls are __________.
A. more intelligent than boys
B. more addicted to video games
C. less affected by video games
D. more concentrated on video games
5. Producers of video games are keen on __________.
A. developing computer techniques in making such games
B. designing ways
C. learning about drug to which people are addicted
D. finding the best ways of continuing to attract people
6. The people who are most attracted to video games are __________.
A. young adult women B. girls between eight and fifteen
C. boys from eight to fifteen years old D. supermarket assistants
7. __________have different attitude towards playing video games.
A. Boys and girls from eight to fifteen B. Girls and boys above eight
C. Adult men and women D. Girls and boys below eight
III. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to the each of the following questions.
8. It is said that two men were arrested after the explosion.
A. Two men were said to be arrested after the explosion.
B. People said two men be arrested after the explosion.
C. Two men are said to have been arrested after the explosion.
D. Two men are said to be arrested after the explosion.
9. He didn’t prepare for the interview, so he didn’t get the job.
A. He’ll get the job if he prepares for the interview.
B. If he prepared for the interview, he would get the job.
C. If he hadn’t prepared for the interview, he would have got the job.
D. If he had prepared for the interview, he would have got the job.
10. “Don’t touch anything in this room”, the man said to the children.
A. The man ordered the children don’t touch anything in that room.
B. The man ordered the children not to touch anything in that room.
C. The man warned the children not touching anything in that room.
D. The man suggested that the children not to touch anything in that room.
IV. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 11 to 15.
Movements and gestures by the hands, arms, legs, and other parts of the body and face are the most pervasive types of nonverbal messages and the most difficult to control. It is estimated that there are over 200,000 physical signs capable of stimulating meaning in another person. For example, there are 23 distinct eyebrow movements, each capable of stimulating a different meaning.
Humans express attitudes toward themselves and vividly through body movements and postures. Body movements express true messages about feelings that cannot be masked. Because such avenues of communication are visual, they travel much farther than spoken words and are unaffected by the presence of noise that interrupts, or cancels out speech.
People communicate by the way they walk, stand, and sit. We tend to be more relaxed with friends or when addressing those of lower status. Body orientation also indicates status or liking of the other individual. More direct orientation is related to a more positive attitude.
Body movements and postures alone have no exact meaning, but they can greatly support or reject the spoken word. If these two means of communication are dichotomized and contradict each other, some results will be a disordered image and most often the nonverbal will dominate.
11. Body communication is ________________.
A. verbal B. visual C. very few D. uncommon
12. According to the text, body movements cannot express ________________.
A. feelings B. status C. attitudes D. wishes
13. Face gestures ________________.
A. do not include eyebrow moments B. cannot express our feelings
C. can help us control our feelings D. are the most difficult to control
14. Nonverbal communication ________________.
A. has no relation to verbal communication
B. may be interrupted by noise
C. dominates words
D. is less common than verbal communication
15. Which part of body is not used to send body message?
A. legs B. stomaches C. faces D. hands
V. Circle the word in each group which has the underlined part pronounced differently:
16. A. accept B. succeed C. account D. accident
17. A. uniform B. university C. submit D. mutual
18. A. standard B. yesterday C. structure D. continue
VI.Choose the word which has different stress pattern:
19. A. opportunity B. educational C. sociology D. examination
20. A. avoid B. reduce C. comment D. employ
VII. Choose the one word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that would not be appropriate.
21. If you had gone to bed early last night, you wouldn’t have been so sleepy now.
A B C D
22. A basic knowledge of social studies, such as history and geography, are considered a
A B C
basic part of the education of every child.
23. The first domesticated bird in earth was probably the goose.
A B C D
24. Although having to cope with three small children, she is taking a part-time MBA course.
A B C D
VIII. Choose the best answer for each of the following sentences:
25. I am so ______- that I cannot say anything, but keep silent.
A. nervous B. nervously C. nerve D. nervousness
26. We’ll give the message as soon as he _________.
A. will arrive B. will have arrived
C. is arriving D. arrives
27. I wouldn’t have ordered dinner for you if I _________- you weren’t hungry.
A. hadn’t known B. knew C. know D. had known
28. I think that’s the hotel_________- John and Mary were married.
A. which B. when C. in that D. where
29. It’s a difficult problem. It needs _________- about very carefully.
A. being thought B. to be thinking C. to think D. thinking
30. My attitude and outlook on life have definitely improved _________- I started a job I like.
A. since B. if C. while D. when
31. Muriel insisted _______- going to Martin’s house.
A. for B. in C. on D. at
32. A letter of ______- is sometimes really necessary for you in a job interview.
A. recommended B. recommend C. recommendation D. recommender
33. My brother ____- his job last month and since then he _____- out of work.
A. has lost-was B. was losing-was
C. lost-has been D. was losing-has been
34. They went home after they __________- their homework.
A. have finished B. having finished C. finishing D. had finished
35. Were she ten years younger, she ___________- to dance.
A. had learned B. would have learned C. will learn D. would learn
36. I have just found the book _________________________.
A. you were looking for B. for that you were looking
C. you were looking D. which you were looking
37. I have good memories of my home village, __________- is situated next to the river.
A. which B. what C. in which D. where
38. I was offered lamb or chicken, _________- I like.
A. neither of which B. of that neither
C. neither of that D. of which neither
39. Can you please tell me some information that ______- to the job?
A. relates B. interests C. expresses D. indicates
IX. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 40 to 44.
Dear Ms. Walters,
Thank you for your application for the diploma in tourism but I regret (40)______- you that this course is now full. Should you wish to take the course elsewhere, I would advise you to apply to Central College. They started (41)______- a course in tourism a year ago and I would recommend you to consider enrolling on that course rather than (42)______- another year to do a course here. If you would prefer to wait for this course, (43)______- I would encourage you to try to find some work related to tourism so that you can start acquiring some relevant (44)_______.
Amanda Guess, Customer Officer
40. A. informing B. and inform C. to inform D. inform
41. A. to have run B. running C. ran D. run
42. A. waiting B. having waited C. to wait D. will wait
43. A. then B. later C. afterwards D. however
44. A. experiences B. an experience C. experience D. of experience
X. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
45. I didn’t think his comments were very appropriate at the time.
A. right B. extra C. suitable D. correct
46. When being interviewed, you should concentrate on what the interviewer is saying or asking you.
A. pay all attention to B. be related to
C. be interested in D. express interest to
XI.Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
47. John applied for the job. He has no experience in the field.
A. John didn’t apply for the job if he had some experience in the field.
B. In spite of having no experience in the field, John applied for the job.
C. Although John has no experience in the field, but he applied for the job.
D. John applied for the job because he has no experience in the field.
48. Mr. Nam is very happy. His daughter won the first prize in the competition.
A. Mr Nam, his daughter won the first prize in the competition, who is very happy.
B. Mr Nam, whom daughter won the first prize in the competition, is very happy.C. Mr Nam, whose daughter won the first prize in the competition, is very happy.
D. Mr. Nam is very happy, whose daughter won the first prize in the competition.
XII. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges:
49. Two friends Mary and Julia are talking about Julia’s skirt.
-Mary: “That’s a nice skirt you are wearing!”
-Julia: “ ____________- ”
A. That is nice. B. That’s all right.
C. I like it. D. I’m glad you like it!
50. Janet: “Do you feel like going to the cinema this evening?” -Susan: “______- ”
A. I don’t agree, I’m afraid. B. That would be great.
C. You’re welcome. D. I feel very bored.
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12 – THPT TRUNG GIÃ 2016
Đáp án mã đề: 161
|01. C||02. C||03. B||04. C||05. D||06. C||07. A||08. C||09. D||10. B|
|11. B||12. D||13. D||14. C||15. B||16. C||17. C||18. C||19. D||20. C|
|21. C||22. C||23. B||24. A||25. A||26. D||27. D||28. D||29. D||30. A|
|31. C||32. C||33. C||34. D||35. D||36. A||37. A||38. A||39. A||40. C|
|41. B||42. A||43. A||44. C||45. C||46. A||47. B||48. C||49. D||50. B|